Jayendra K “JK” Shah
JK qualified as a Certified Chartered Accountant with a small firm in 1972 and joined the predecessor of Fenton Stern Green in 1974. In 1992 JK became a principal of FSPG Chartered Accountants.
JK is the firms tax partner and has dealt with the tax affairs for small to medium-sized businesses, family offices and trusts and High Net Worth Individuals for many years. JK’s knowledge and experience have ensured he is well equipped to deal with anything landing in his inbox or on his desk.
In his free time, JK enjoys travelling to far off and unusual places (some of which you may have seen on your Microsoft screensavers).
Sectors Jayendra Specialises in:
All of our partners act for a range of property clients including property investors, developers, buy-to-let landlords and other property related businesses such as chartered surveyors, architects, consulting engineers and estate agents. As well as providing routine accountancy and audit services, our team of specialist property accountants and tax advisers can provide comprehensive advice to help build your business, including:
- Property tax advice, planning and consultancy
- Personal tax advice for private landlords
- Residential and commercial properties
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) planning and mitigation
- Property VAT planning and advice
- Holding structures and structuring advice
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Splitting companies with both trading and property investment activities
- Property service charge audits
- Non-resident landlord scheme
As an independent firm that has been operating for over 75 years, we understand what is important to owner-managed businesses. Like the relationships that we build with our clients, our financial and tax plans have been designed to give the best long-term results. Our holistic approach allows us to consider all aspects of our clients’ financial affairs. In addition to the preparation of company accounts and self-assessment tax returns, our advice also covers:
- Husband and wife planning
- Children’s income and gains
- Income and capital taxes planning
- Settlements legislation
- IHT mitigation including wills and trusts
- Succession and IHT planning
With experience of working across multiple sectors over many years, we understand what it takes to deliver a transaction on the best all-round terms and within the necessary timescale.
Over the years we have represented both buyers and sellers on many different types of transactions including Acquisitions, Management Buy-Outs (MBOs), Management Buy-Ins (MBIs), Refinancing, Cash outs and Disposals. We are able to assist with:
- Commercial negotiations.
- Grooming businesses for sale.
- Profit and cashflow forecasting.
- Financial due diligence.
- Structuring for tax efficiency.
- Tax clearance applications.
- Review of applicable tax warranties.
- Access to our extensive network of professionals including solicitors, valuers and bankers.
We invest in our client relationships for the long term, looking to win and maintain your trust from the start of the transaction process to its completion and beyond. By working with our specialists, we can help you to structure transactions in a way that maximizes the reward you receive from your entrepreneurial endeavours.
High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) often require bespoke, specialist advice in order to maintain, enhance and protect their wealth. Our advisory team consists of accountants, bookkeepers and tax advisors who are able to deal with the, often-unique,requirements of HNWI and UHNWI clients. This includes:
- Self-assessment tax
- Fee Protection Insurance
- Property portfolio tax planning advice
- International tax
- Non Domicile tax status
- Trusts and estate advice
- IHT planning
- Private aviation and nautical ownership companies.