Jason qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2010 at a firm in the City and, having joined FSPG Chartered Accountants in 2014, became a principal in 2017.
Jason’s specialises in providing hands-on, commercial advice to younger clients and more embryonic businesses. Jason’s regularly advises his clients, not only on tax and compliance matters but also acts as a sounding board on all manner of day-to day commercial matters as well as more complex issues (for example; buy-outs, buy-ins, dealing with regulators, succession planning, etc). In addition, Jason has worked closely with Jon and Howard, and has experience in dealing with regulated businesses (e.g. solicitors, FCA regulated businesses) and complex real estate matters in general.
When not working, Jason spends most of his time with his young family, dreaming of riding a motorbike (but don’t tell his wife) and hacking divots all over the golf clubs of North London. Jason is also a keen and active collector of vintage watches.
Sectors Jason Specialises in:
Many entrepreneurs have fantastic business ideas but starting a new business can be daunting. Our partners and staff regularly provide assistance to entrepreneurs and new business start-ups. This could include:
- An analysis of your new business idea.
- Reviewing/preparing a business plan, cash flow and profit and loss forecasts.
- Advice regarding a business structure and efficient tax planning
- A review of finance requirements
- Assisting with setting up bookkeeping, payroll and VAT systems and generally helping to cut through the red tape.
All of our partners act for a range of property clients including property investors, developers, buy-to-let landlords and other property related businesses such as chartered surveyors, architects, consulting engineers and estate agents. As well as providing routine accountancy and audit services, our team of specialist property accountants and tax advisers can provide comprehensive advice to help build your business, including:
- Property tax advice, planning and consultancy
- Personal tax advice for private landlords
- Residential and commercial properties
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) planning and mitigation
- Property VAT planning and advice
- Holding structures and structuring advice
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Splitting companies with both trading and property investment activities
- Property service charge audits
- Non-resident landlord scheme
As an independent firm that has been operating for over 75 years, we understand what is important to owner-managed businesses. Like the relationships that we build with our clients, our financial and tax plans have been designed to give the best long-term results. Our holistic approach allows us to consider all aspects of our clients’ financial affairs. In addition to the preparation of company accounts and self-assessment tax returns, our advice also covers:
- Husband and wife planning
- Children’s income and gains
- Income and capital taxes planning
- Settlements legislation
- IHT mitigation including wills and trusts
- Succession and IHT planning
We are proud to provide specialist accounting services for numerous FCA-regulated businesses including; Insurance Brokers, Wealth Managers, Independent Financial Advisors and Loss Adjustors. The specialist services for regulated businesses we can provide include:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Statutory audit services
- Profit improvement strategies
- Assistance with GABRIEL reporting
- Grooming businesses for sale
- Client Money Audits
- Cash flow management
With experience of working across multiple sectors over many years, we understand what it takes to deliver a transaction on the best all-round terms and within the necessary timescale.
Over the years we have represented both buyers and sellers on many different types of transactions including Acquisitions, Management Buy-Outs (MBOs), Management Buy-Ins (MBIs), Refinancing, Cash outs and Disposals. We are able to assist with:
- Commercial negotiations.
- Grooming businesses for sale.
- Profit and cashflow forecasting.
- Financial due diligence.
- Structuring for tax efficiency.
- Tax clearance applications.
- Review of applicable tax warranties.
- Access to our extensive network of professionals including solicitors, valuers and bankers.
We invest in our client relationships for the long term, looking to win and maintain your trust from the start of the transaction process to its completion and beyond. By working with our specialists, we can help you to structure transactions in a way that maximizes the reward you receive from your entrepreneurial endeavours.
Our team understands the key business objectives and risks that professional firms must manage. The traditional structures and procedures for many practices have evolved organically, often without proper planning, with LLPs and corporate structures becoming increasingly popular. We can help design an appropriate legal and reporting structure to meet your objectives, whilst helping to retain the partnership ethos.
Our experience has enabled us to advise many practices from a variety of sectors. Our partner-led approach allows us to understand the client’s long-term objectives and tailor our advice to both the practice and its owners.
We offer advice on several different issues, including:
- Practice structuring
- Succession and retirement planning
- Monitoring partner performance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) compliance audits