Jamie qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2003 whilst working in investment banking and began specialising in Corporate Finance in 2006. Jamie joined FSPG in 2020 to set up the Corporate Finance department having previously worked in top 10 accountancy firms completing over 50 transactions on behalf of his clients.
Jamie specialises in providing sound commercial advice to entrepreneurs, owner managers and family businesses in all aspects of Corporate Finance, from raising Seed/Start up capital all the way through to realising the value of their businesses. This includes raising finance for organic growth capital, sourcing and financing acquisitions, through to Succession planning and/or planning for and realising the value in their business through a sale to a 3rd party or MBO.
When out the office, Jamie enjoys spending time with his family, trying to play golf and is a very keen skier.
Sectors Jamie Specialises in:
With experience of working across multiple sectors over many years, we understand what it takes to deliver a transaction on the best all-round terms and within the necessary timescale.
Over the years we have represented both buyers and sellers on many different types of transactions including Acquisitions, Management Buy-Outs (MBOs), Management Buy-Ins (MBIs), Refinancing, Cash outs and Disposals. We are able to assist with:
- Commercial negotiations.
- Grooming businesses for sale.
- Profit and cashflow forecasting.
- Financial due diligence.
- Structuring for tax efficiency.
- Tax clearance applications.
- Review of applicable tax warranties.
- Access to our extensive network of professionals including solicitors, valuers and bankers.
We invest in our client relationships for the long term, looking to win and maintain your trust from the start of the transaction process to its completion and beyond. By working with our specialists, we can help you to structure transactions in a way that maximizes the reward you receive from your entrepreneurial endeavours.
As an independent firm that has been operating for over 75 years, we understand what is important to owner-managed businesses. Like the relationships that we build with our clients, our financial and tax plans have been designed to give the best long-term results. Our holistic approach allows us to consider all aspects of our clients’ financial affairs. In addition to the preparation of company accounts and self-assessment tax returns, our advice also covers:
- Husband and wife planning
- Children’s income and gains
- Income and capital taxes planning
- Settlements legislation
- IHT mitigation including wills and trusts
- Succession and IHT planning
Many entrepreneurs have fantastic business ideas but starting a new business can be daunting. Our partners and staff regularly provide assistance to entrepreneurs and new business start-ups. This could include:
- An analysis of your new business idea.
- Reviewing/preparing a business plan, cash flow and profit and loss forecasts.
- Advice regarding a business structure and efficient tax planning
- A review of finance requirements
- Assisting with setting up bookkeeping, payroll and VAT systems and generally helping to cut through the red tape.
High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) often require bespoke, specialist advice in order to maintain, enhance and protect their wealth. Our advisory team consists of accountants, bookkeepers and tax advisors who are able to deal with the, often-unique,requirements of HNWI and UHNWI clients. This includes:
- Self-assessment tax
- Fee Protection Insurance
- Property portfolio tax planning advice
- International tax
- Non Domicile tax status
- Trusts and estate advice
- IHT planning
- Private aviation and nautical ownership companies.