David qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1988 and, having spent some time at a large firm, joined FSPG Chartered Accountants in 1995 as a principal. As well as dealing with smaller and owner-managed businesses, David’s clients also include;charities, schools, large groups and complex businesses. David is one of our Audit partners.
David’s interests away from the office include enjoying sport, travelling and spending time with his family.
Sectors David Specialises in:
The requirements that are imposed on charities can be challenging, but Ian and David, who head up our charity team, have the experience, expertise and resources to understand the complex and regulated accounting needs within this sector. We appreciate how important it is that a charity appoints an auditor with the relevant expertise at an affordable rate. We are proud of the ongoing success of our charity clients and we are glad to provide our support so that they may achieve their goals.
Our specialist services to the charity sector include:
- Charity Accounts and Audits
- Charity Commission Reports
- Advice on trustees’ annual report
- Risk management
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds
- Internal control procedures
- Annual returns
- Gift aid
- Cash flow management
- Profit improvement
All of our partners act for a range of property clients including property investors, developers, buy-to-let landlords and other property related businesses such as chartered surveyors, architects, consulting engineers and estate agents. As well as providing routine accountancy and audit services, our team of specialist property accountants and tax advisers can provide comprehensive advice to help build your business, including:
- Property tax advice, planning and consultancy
- Personal tax advice for private landlords
- Residential and commercial properties
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) planning and mitigation
- Property VAT planning and advice
- Holding structures and structuring advice
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
- Splitting companies with both trading and property investment activities
- Property service charge audits
- Non-resident landlord scheme
As an independent firm that has been operating for over 75 years, we understand what is important to owner-managed businesses. Like the relationships that we build with our clients, our financial and tax plans have been designed to give the best long-term results. Our holistic approach allows us to consider all aspects of our clients’ financial affairs. In addition to the preparation of company accounts and self-assessment tax returns, our advice also covers:
- Husband and wife planning
- Children’s income and gains
- Income and capital taxes planning
- Settlements legislation
- IHT mitigation including wills and trusts
- Succession and IHT planning
High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNWI) often require bespoke, specialist advice in order to maintain, enhance and protect their wealth. Our advisory team consists of accountants, bookkeepers and tax advisors who are able to deal with the, often-unique,requirements of HNWI and UHNWI clients. This includes:
- Self-assessment tax
- Fee Protection Insurance
- Property portfolio tax planning advice
- International tax
- Non Domicile tax status
- Trusts and estate advice
- IHT planning
- Private aviation and nautical ownership companies.
The audits of shipping and transportation businesses require industry knowledge and a practical approach in order to be effective. For many years, David Tropp has acted for several shipping and transportation companies; hehas an experienced and efficient audit team who understand the complications, nuances and issues facing the shipping and transportation industry today.
With experience of working across multiple sectors over many years, we understand what it takes to deliver a transaction on the best all-round terms and within the necessary timescale.
Over the years we have represented both buyers and sellers on many different types of transactions including Acquisitions, Management Buy-Outs (MBOs), Management Buy-Ins (MBIs), Refinancing, Cash outs and Disposals. We are able to assist with:
- Commercial negotiations.
- Grooming businesses for sale.
- Profit and cashflow forecasting.
- Financial due diligence.
- Structuring for tax efficiency.
- Tax clearance applications.
- Review of applicable tax warranties.
- Access to our extensive network of professionals including solicitors, valuers and bankers.
We invest in our client relationships for the long term, looking to win and maintain your trust from the start of the transaction process to its completion and beyond. By working with our specialists, we can help you to structure transactions in a way that maximizes the reward you receive from your entrepreneurial endeavours.